So, upon hearing just as much hype about Paranormal Activity 2 I was a little bit apprehensive. While I would like this little set up to lead you into a “And I was wrong” type of scenario; sadly, it isn’t.
Paranormal Activity 2 is the same type of movie. It is shot in the first person with the help of some security cameras that are placed around the home. This footage is pieced together in order to show how the ‘paranormal activity’ in the home finally destroys the lives of the family it is tormenting. While some people have a problem with this type I actually like it. It adds a sense of realism to the footage.
My problem is with the actual movie itself.
Just Not Scary
I remember the incredibly letdown that came with the first Paranormal Activity movie. I was ready to have the living daylights scared out of me. I welcomed it! Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. This time around, I wasn’t expecting to be scared, but kind of hoping for it. Again, unfortunately, it didn’t happen.
A Family Terrorized
Paranormal Activity 2 is not a sequel to the first. It is its own movie. A different family. A different town. A different reason for the demon to bring terror. This time around there are children (a teen and a new baby) included that go through the ordeal itself. This is where I thought some great scary moments would happen. Especially when the security cameras would stop on a situation. But, it would just fizzle out.
Too Long, Too Quick
I believe I would have liked it much better if the story did not take so long to get interesting. Most of the movie was simply setting up for the incredibly fast ending. Once the real terror began, it was over.
Paranormal Activity 2 Is Still Watchable
It may seem that I am completely against Paranormal Activity 2 at this point. However, there are still some reasons to watch it.
1. The acting was better than the first.
2. The inclusion of the extra people involved adds to the intensity.
3. If you saw the first, then you should see the second to stay consistent.
I do recommend you watch Paranormal Activity 2 if you like watching scary movies. Just don’t expect it to be a movie that you’ll lose sleep over.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on 2
- Knicks vs. Celtics: Game 2 | The Knicks Wall
- Knicks' Billups out for Game 2 vs. Celts (AP) – SportsTicks.net
- Related posts on Activity
- Developing Them Mentally with Activity Tables | gotasdorvalho.com
- A hive of activity « Moth in a butterfly net
- Rumors of unsavoury activity | cataclysmstuff.com
- Related posts on Blu-ray
- Q&A:I will be buying a Blu-Ray player…will it work on my TV? | 19 …